1921The Arthur Friedrichs Company was established by the same-named owner in the Herwigstr. 8-10 in Bremerhaven. The company’s main focus was on ship equipment.
1937Acquisition by Werner Oelkers and change in Arthur Friedrichs Nachfolger. Extension of the delivery programme by the inclusion of technical articles for industry and trade. In addition the sales of fire extinguishers of the Gloria company was taken over. After the second world war the fire prevention department took over the inspection of fire extinguishers.
1955Extension of the product portfolio with refrigerants (ammoniac, R12).
1970Dipl. Ing. Dieter Oelkers takes over the business from his father. Setting up of a branch in Hamburg. From here the filling and marketing of refrigerants was intensified.
1980The fire extinguishing agent Halon 1301 was included in the product range.
1991Start of the filling and marketing of carbon dioxide for stationary fire extinguishing systems, gastronomy and many other possible uses. Here, as with refrigerants, containers in all sizes were immediately filled from a large tank.
1992With the introduction of the refrigerant R134a the first marketing activities in the vehicle air conditioning aftermarket in the whole of Germany were started. Well known companies in the car industry were supplied by us.
1998As a result of the strong growth in the branch the move to the new construction in Seevetal near Hamburg took place in May. The newly designed filling stations fulfill the highest technical requirements.
2002Restructuring into two companies and a change of name to „Arthur Friedrichs Industriebedarf GmbH“, Bremerhaven, and „Arthur Friedrichs Kältemittel GmbH“, Ramelsloh.